Sunday, April 20, 2008

Intresting weekend...

I have been playing wingman all weekend...its been interesting. Two friends really are into each other but don't want to date right now. Next best thing? Friends with benefits...part of the problem is the guy is kinda nervous about it. I have spent most of the weekend convincing him that he needs to see this girl because she is really into him and bored. So basically, I spent several text messages convincing him to see her and from what I can tell things worked out. They right now are with each other doing who knows what. Go him.

Now the other interesting part for me is chilling with a certain girl. Me and her could be easily described as complicated. We were in to each other, depends on the day whether I still am with her right now. Were are still very close, chat alot (See: my facebook wall...) I came over to her house for dinner tonight. I know her parents quite well, we have mutual friends and have gone on trips with them. Dinner was good, afterwards watching the hockey games on tv while the girl and her 'snowflake' boyfriend did their own thing. (Snowflake is not my term, but it does work).

Later the girl left to take the boy home. As soon as she left, her mom was talking to me about how much the girl likes me. And how much her parents think I would be a good guy for her and don't see why she is with me. This was a 10 minute long thing which was rather humbling. They admit the snowflake is a nice guy, but going nowhere and not really right for her. They went on how I was right for her and there was some kind of connection. Either that I just listen to the girl for some odd reason. I don't really pass judgment on the guy, he is pretty cool and the girl is into him. Her parents do confirm what the male friend from the above story keeps telling me, that she is into me, quite a bit from what I hear. I just don't know about the whole thing, I would like to say she can't be that into me if she is with the other guy, although they haven't been together long at all. I guess I will have to see what happens. I have been the goto guy for her in the past. That is where the frustration comes from. I kinda get put on the spot for stuff by here and it doesn't seem to guy both ways. I guess I will have to see how it plays out. Who knows what could happen

Well thats been my weekend. There was also saving a couple of idiots from getting their butts kicked at Snoqualmie pass at 2AM...but that didn't bug me too much.

3 comments:

Wiwille said...

Wow that does sound complicated and a recipe for disaster.

Mattbear said...

Number one: Proofread, man. I desperately want to go all grammar/spelling nazi on this, but I won't. But please. Proofread.

OK, I'll back off now. Please just accept that I am a grammar/spelling nazi, and move along.

Let's see, girl is seeing someone else, you've been the "goto guy" for her before, and her parents think you two should be together?
Experience says: It's never going to happen. Don't waste your time.

But I've been known to be pessimistic.

Anonymous said...

Well, to play evil woman here and defy all laws of womanhood, here goes... If you are really into said girl and she is with "snowflake" I say, ignore her. Don't be there for her anymore. If she is really as in to you as the parents say, then she will dump the other guy and you can live happily ever after and all that. If not, then I say don't be her go to guy, it's just setting yourself up for heartache. I have played this role before in my past and it hurt to hear about other women who treated people I cared about like shit when I was right there in all of my awesome... Just sayin...